Saturday, September 24, 2005

Jamaica – 8 Sept 2005 – Happy First Dateiversary

Yesterday was the anniversary of our first date. I sent the wife a card, which she finally got on Tuesday. I spoke to her last night, and she seemed happy that I remembered and sent her something. The funny thing is, she did not remember our anniversary. I could have ignored it without the risk of the angry “You forgot…” drama thing. This is why I say our relationship is reversed. She is the anniversary forgetting man while I am the sensitive, remember everything, woman. At least regarding dates. When it comes to remembering what I said 10 years ago or what I did wrong last week, she reverts back to the woman role. I am not so much the woman that I cry when she forgets a “significant date”, however, I am not above using the fact that she forgot to making her feel guilty. I will put that one in the bank for later. Anyway, she seemed happy yesterday, so that makes me happy. In all honesty, the wife treats me very well. The last time I was away on a tour, she sent me stuff regularly and it was much appreciated. She has already sent me something (which has not arrived yet) and I know she will send me more stuff.

However, the key thing about this post is that I have invented a new Hallmark holiday to compete with Valentine’s day. You heard it here first on MLWGF. I know every guy will hate me as this means another expensive holiday they are likely to forget, but I don’t care as long as the residuals keep rolling in.

No comments: