Friday, September 23, 2005

Jamaica – 5 Sept 2005 – Why call at all?

I talked to the wife last night. Either she had some man over at the house or is getting bored of me, because she seemed to be looking to get rid of me. She started by telling me that not much was going on so she had nothing to tell me. I said the same, as things are settling into a routine. Then she says that she will say goodbye, as this call was costing a lot of money, about $1 per minute. This she says as if she is pissed off, as if it is my fault. I am pretty much struck dumb by this statement, as she was supposed to call the phone company and get some sort of plan, which she obviously has not done. When I bring this to her attention, she gives me some excuse about the phone company being on strike and not having any time. This is right after she has just told me that she spent the whole day inside because it was raining and how she did not do anything today and how she had no plans for tomorrow (labour day). Here I am, all homesick, resisting the charms of naked women while far from home and when I call for a bit of proper female companionship, all I get is grief about how much it costs, a problem which is somehow my fault and could be easily solved with one phone call.

I couldn’t even squeeze an “I love you” out of her when I said goodbye. These calls are not helping me. At the start of the call I miss her, by the end I am pissed off.

No comments: