Sunday, September 11, 2005

Jamaica - 19 Aug 2005 – One down, 16 to go

Well, that’s the end of week one. Rather uneventful. Today the last 4 students and instructor showed up, so we are now at full capacity. I have two lectures next week, which I am already prepared for. The week was probably a bit easy for the students. Mostly language tests or instruction, combined with films on management and how to run meetings, that sort of stuff. It will get more challenging for them. They have 13 hours of homework this weekend. I am not so busy. To be honest, I am a bit underutilized right now, which is the reason I am done all my work days in advance. I need to find something to do. That is in addition to all the stuff I am doing so far. I need to find a hobby.

We are soon to go down the hill to spend the weekend in Kingston. We have a military meet and greet at the officer’s mess at Up Park Camp tonight and another, small one at the Canadian High Commission on Saturday. This will be the first night I will spend out of the camp and my first day off since I arrived almost three weeks ago. I am looking forward to some time spent in the pool, and seeing a bit of town. I also need to buy so stuff. I forgot my nail clippers. One of my baby toenails is threatening to poke its way out of my boot.

No comments: