Tuesday, December 05, 2006

MRI Results

On Monday, we received the MRI results. They were not good.

Sometime during the pregnancy, Jocelyn's brain was denied blood, not allowing it to develop normally. She has areas in her brain where there is no brain matter, all of them in the outer brain, where all the higher brain functions are. I do not know how big these areas are, but they are described in the report as "significant".

We have to be prepared for the fact that she may never be able to walk, speak or acknowledge us. We have to be prepared for the fact that she may need to be institutionalized for most of her life.

Next Monday we will get a look at the actual MRI to see how big these spaces are and come to some sort of plan with how to proceed next.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very very sorry !!

Tanya said...

I'm so sorry for your news. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but can appreciate that words from a stranger are fairly meaningless. Just know that I am thinking of you and your family and wishing you well.

Michelle said...

The sister of the stranger above sends thoughts to your family and hugs to your precious girls.

Alice said...

I am the mother of the last two commenters. As a parent I can feel your pain, yet admit that I can't begin to imagine the emotional and mental turmoil you are going through.

Please know that people around the world will soon be remembering you in their prayers, especially asking for strength and support for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I know there's probably nothing anyone can say or do right now to ease your pain, but my thoughts and prayers are certainly with you and your family.

Val said...

How our lives change in such short spaces of time. Just another blogger from across the world is holding you and your family in her thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what you are going through... I'm so sad that the news was not better for you. My prayers are with you and your family.

Spitfire said...

As said by everyone else, I am sad to hear this news. I don't know much about biology or twins, but it's so upsetting that they were both in there, together, why one twin had problems, and the other one didn't. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

I am so very, very sorry about the sad news. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be for you and your family, to love your daughter so much and not be able to fix everything.

You're in my thoughts.

LindaD said...

I hope that knowing a lot of people surround you with thoughts and prayers somehow eases some of your pain.