Friday, October 29, 2004

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free....

An interesting story a few days ago stated that Bin Laden was spotted Tibet-Laddakh region, which is on the India/Pakistan border.

This is a subject the GF and I disagree on. She subscribes to the usual lefty moonbat conspiracy theories that Bin Laden is in Musharraf's basement and will likely be trotted out just before the US election.

I tend to agree with
Mark Steyn and believe that he is already dead. Here is my reasoning: Bin Laden was putting out regular tapes after 9/11 and then, all of a sudden, it stopped and we have not heard of him since. Why not a tape from him? The GF says he is sick, so maybe they do not want him to be seen. Good point, but they could do an audio tape, which they have done in the past. The counter to this is, if he was dead, why not proclaim him a martyr and carry on. Another good point. But they may have political reasons for this, as someone may judge it better to keep the idea of Bin Laden alive and demonstrate US weakness by showing Bush cannot even find/capture an old man. If Bin Laden is DNA smeared on a cave wall in Afganistan, we may never prove he is dead.

The GF point about him having the support of Musharraf is a good one. Bin Laden needs regular kidney dialysis and since you cannot run a dialysis machine from a cave, Musharraf, or someone in Pakistan, must be helping him. My counter to this is that Musharraf gains little from protecting Bin Laden. Islamists in Pakistan are already trying to kill him for cozying up to Bush, so he gains nothing from protecting Bin Laden and can gain more US support by further helping Bush. This also further supports the theory that Bin Laden is dead, as if Musharraf is not helping him, how would he get a hold of a dialysis machine.

I find the theory of Bin Laden's whereabouts very interesting, and would appreciate any comments on where he might be, etc.

This is a long way of coming to a bet I made with the GF. There has been talk in the US press that Bush caught Bin Laden long ago and is waiting to trot him out just before the election. Four days to go and we will see if this moonbat theory holds any water.

So I bet the GF that if Bin Laden does not show before the US election, I get I night of wild "cuddling".

I see this as a win-win, since if he does show, I get to watch the lefty moonbats froth at the mouth about conspiracy theories and trying to influence the US election (as if the
MSM hasn't been doing this for Kerry for months). Oh, and I also have to provide her with a night of wild "cuddling".

"I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T."


Update: Great timing. I few hours after I post this, FOX has this story on their site about a new Bin Laden tape. Unless they catch him in the next few days, I guess I win. Mark Steyn and I are wrong about Bin Laden being dead though.

No comments: