Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Left and Right making dinner

We had another fight last night.

The GF was making dinner and was having a bit of trouble. She was trying to fry up some perogies and, of course, decided to blame me for it. Of course, I was reading the newspaper in the kitchen, completely oblivious as to what was going on.

She starts getting mad because the things were frozen. She had them on too high, she was getting splattered with hot margarine, and the perogies were getting burned on the outside while still frozen on the inside. She makes some nasty comments about the margarine being no good ( I bought it), slams down the cooking utensil, and storms off saying, "That's it, I've had enough, YOU cook dinner" leaving me wondering what happened.

Now, I have to admit, I did not help the situation. However, it is not my fault. I am a man and I pride myself on being logical. When someone has a problem and is complaining that they are having some difficulty with some task, my default is to make helpful suggestions. Unfortunately, this is not what the other person wants. Just like some of the lefties in our society, they do not want to know how to solve their problem they just want "the man" to take all their troubles away.

I had to be The Man.

Note: Please no comments about how I should have offered to cook for her. I cannot count the number of times I have tried to do so and been cut off at the knees with some comment about how I must not think she can do some easy task. I don't make that mistake anymore.

3 comments:

Chris Taylor said...

How come dinner time at your house always boils down to the political? =)

I've burned stuff and my girlfriend has burned stuff but I don't think it ever resulted in someone stomping away from the kitchen. SOP at my house says that the officer of the day has command for the duration. So when she cooks and I assist, I do things her way, and when I cook and she assists, she does things my way. Saves us from culinary religious wars over whose methodology is best.

Kirith Kodachi said...

I cooked last night and didn't put enough water in the rice. On the up side, I now know how to make a large rice "cake".

My wife, of course, was bitter because she would still be hungry without the rice. This coming from a woman who has never cleaned her entire plate up at a meal in her life. :P Darn right wingers. ;)

The Meatriarchy said...

Is it just me or are women in our society losing the ability to cook?