Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Where are you??

Have not posted for almost a week. Been having problems with my computers. I just built a new desktop and was installing software on it. Unfortunately, having to update windows, drivers, etc, the first thing I did not do was install anti virus and anti spyware/adware. By the time I did put on those programs, I had so much of the stuff that I kept timing out trying to download virus updates, or I would get 100% CPU usage rates. Of course, I thought these types of problems were something else, and spent time trying to solve that. It was a wake-up call to install Norton Security and see my system get attacked every 1-2 seconds. If you do not have virus protection or a firewall, get one. Also, it seems that my 100% CPU problem was adware/spyware hijacking my system. I used Spybot - Search and Destroy to kill the stuff. I you don't have something like this, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really should move out from under the crushing cost and poor performance of a Windows (another crappy Microsoft product) machine and move over to the Linux side. No CE's, less headaches and more secure.

You want security? Wait 10 years for Microsoft to fix the security holes in Windows, and pay for Norton Antivirus for 10 years, and have Microsoft blame all your other applications for security holes, or you can get free Linux and run it now.

Try Fedora Core, it's hard to hack, and hard to screw up.

Signed
William Frobisher
Medicine Hat AB