Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Winter Wonderland

As a write this, I am looking at about 2 feet of snow in my backyard. Friday night it started to snow and continued for the weekend.

Usually we expect our first snowfall by about Halloween, so this is a bit of a surprise. Last year we made it until mid November before the first snow.

Luckily, I raked up the leaves last weekend. However, the patio furniture did not do as well. I will have to dig it out sometime.

If we were not ready for the snow, the GF's cats certainly were not. We let them out about once a day for a few hours, but they are a bit reluctant now. It is interesting to see them scratch at the door to go out and when I open it, to see a large shiver go down their spine and quickly turn around with a look of cat disgust on their face. The female will then go immediately to the front door, somehow expecting it leads to another dimension where it is always 25 degrees C.

If only that were true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should read (in case you haven't already) Robert Heinlein's novel The Door Into Summer. The title is a reference to the protagonist's cat, who always assumes that some other door will open on glorious summer weather. . .

MB said...

Heinlein got me started on sci-fi. I just recently read The Moon is a Harsh Mistress again. It has been so long since I have read his stuff, I may start re-reading. I will start with Door.