Thursday, September 23, 2004

What is “Real”ity TV

I am not much of a fan of most of the programs on TV, however, the GF and I seem to enjoy some of these reality TV programs and will be watching The Apprentice II tonight. The only other show we can watch together is The Simpsons, as political/news programs are out and I get pretty tired after 3 hours of Trading Spaces. (There should be more of the host, Paige, on that show).

Unfortunately, reality TV gets pretty repetitive after a while. I mean, what are we on, season 400 of survivor now? Does anyone not know what is going to happen this season? People will make alliances, some will break them and someone gets $1 million. As for Big Brother, the problem with it is that it is based on a European show, which, being European, is all about putting young, sexy people in a house and seeing who “shares bedrooms”. Unfortunately, Americans are too prude for that, so the show sucks. CBS was fined $550,000 this week for the Janet Jackson nipple. Over half a million dollars for showing a split second of something that anyone can see by taking off their own shirt? Ya, Nipplegate is much more serious than Rathergate.

1 comment:

MB said...

I loath that about that show. Everyone is always repeating " Oh my God" like some sort of mantra "OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD". I mean, Oh my God, it is just a room. You would think it was the second coming by the way they react.

If your girlfriend voted liberal, you have more work to do than me. I am not sure what mine voted (she won't tell me), but it was probably NDP, which, in Alberta, is mostly harmless.