Thursday, September 16, 2004

I would Rather not retract the story....

This story about the Bush National Guard memos being faked is making a lot of hay in the blogosphere. Ignoring which side of the political fence you sit on this issue, it sure seems CBS and Rather got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Below is a comment I sent to CBS.

I am very dismayed by reports I am reading on the internet that documents used by Mr. Rather in a story regarding President Bush's military service may have been forged and that CBS had information to this effect and may have ignored it. The journalistic integrity of your network has been greatly diminished due to this incident in my view, and I suggest that you quickly move to tell the truth about these events if you want to have any hope of protecting your integrity. Rest assured I will not watch any CBS news program until this matter is cleared up.

For more info on this story, point yourself to
Little Green Footballs, who broke the story or to here for a summary of links.

Go to
CBS and scroll to the bottom to send them a comment.

No comments: