Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Jamaica - 30 Nov 2005 - Mail call

Every Wednesday in Newcastle we have our own BBQ dinner instead of going to the mess. Afterwards, we usually watch a movie. Shortly after I arrived, I came up with the idea of showing some episodes of Trailer Park Boy or Corner Gas, to give some of the guys from other countries a taste of Canada. I asked my wife to mail me some of these DVD’s, which she promptly did.

They arrived yesterday. It took only 3 months and 5 days. Tonight is our last BBQ before the end of the course. I would like to slam the Jamaican mail system, but I think the fault lies with the customs SOB’s. Perhaps they kept the package for over 2 months to ensure all the anthrax was inert.


Jamaican Canadians must send their Christmas presents in September.

No comments: