Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Jamaica - 23 Nov 2005 - A quiet, rainy day

Everyone left this morning for a 3 day TEWT. The wind started up last night, rattling the windows and making it hard to sleep. My windows are so loose, it's like one of those horror movies, with the ghosts trying to get in all the time.

With everyone gone, today will be nice a quiet. A fog has come in and visibility is down to about 50 feet. As I look out my office window, I can only see to the trees that are past the flagpoles.

I love it when the weather is like this.

Update: Maybe not.

It was really cold today, the coldest it has ever been since I got here. In addition, due to the wind, the power went out at about 4 am. I did not mention it as the generator was going in the morning. This lasted until about 9 am when they turned it off. I spend the day sitting in the dark. Just about everything here need electricity including the hot plate and microwave. I had a piece of cheese for lunch. They have just turned it back on (about 5 pm) and it will be on until 10 pm. I had best get some warm food in me before it is too late.

1 comment:

K. Shoshana said...

How cold could it possibly be - Its -9C and a Toronto is having a blizzard and its not even December.