Wednesday, October 05, 2005

News Round Up

Here are a few recent news articles with I find quite interesting:

US aiming at Syrian regime change - I quite enjoyed meeting Syrians when I was in the Golan. I found them to be friendly, hard-working people who I think would benefit from and enjoy some freedom. I hope regime change comes and not too many civilians are killed.

Liberals rig Parliamentary calendar to avoid early election - Well, the Liberals have pushed the opposition days back to avoid the chance of a fall election. These guys cling to power like a man gripping a ledge by his fingernails.

Alberta earns more from private liquor sales than Ontario and Quebec - Private enterprise triumphs again. Why is the government selling liquor?

Does anyone out there think that the only reason Dingwall gets a plumb severance package after quitting is to keep him quiet?

Update

Here is a great little example of how the media can present a certain spin to a story but using one image over another. Thanks to Zombietime.

No comments: