Monday, October 31, 2005

Jamaica – 31 Oct 2005 - Happy Hedowe’en

Hallowee’en is supposed to be quite the party at Hedo. I cannot say for sure, as we left yesterday and the party started last night and is supposed to go all day. Hurricane season is just about over and the high season is Jamaica is starting. Hedo was the busiest I have seen it, and the people there were certainly there to party. The quad pool, which is clothing optional, was much more optional than clothing. There were also 2 large groups there this weekend. One seemed to be a couples or swingers matching service, with a large web presence. The other seemed to be just a group of people who regularly go to Hedo every year.

Anyway, my weekend was fairly relaxing. However, I am getting a bit tired of the whole thing. Five more weeks to go and I have gotten just about everything I am going to get out of this place, professionally speaking. Now I am just counting down the days. I should really have learned that lesson by now. One of the reasons I got out of the Army was because I was bored. Even the exciting things had too much boredom before and after them to keep me interested. Yet I am still taking various military “opportunities”, thinking each one will be different from the last. It is like thinking that, maybe this time, my spouse is telling the truth and will never hit me again. Once this is over, no more fooling around for me.


Time to get the nose to the grindstone and get myself on some sort of path.

No comments: