Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jamaica – 25 Oct 2005 - We did it!

Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining and there are minimal clouds in the sky. We have not had weather like this for over a week. Perhaps I can continue my daily trips up the peak again. It sounds a bit wimpy, but if it is too wet, I don’t go up. I have almost slipped a number of times, and a wet road greatly increases that chance.

I think I was a bit annoying to the rest of the staff the first week back from our break. During the break I spent some time with my parents, brother and sister. My siblings have two kids each, ages 3, 2, 10 months and 2 weeks. With 4 children that age in one house during holidays, you can’t avoid childrens’ programming. In two days I watched countless hours of Dora the Explorer. The show is quite funny, actually. Sneaky Swiper the fox tries to steal stuff and this is the first time I met Hero Star, the strongest star (He is the only Star with big biceps, and is obviously their leader). But my favourite is the little purple dinosaur/lizard guy who only speaks Spanish. Every time the group makes a decision to do something, the little guy repeats “yay”, “good” or “ok” in Spanish. Or something like that. My Spanish isn’t very good, but by the look on his face and what he says, I am sure he is repeating what Dora says. At the end of the show when they find complete the map or whatever, they always sing this song that goes “We did it! We did it! We did it! We did it!” etc. Anyway, I could not get the song out of my mind. Imagine being in a car for 7 hours with a guy who started singing “We did it! We did it! We did it!” after every successfully negotiated puddle.


I even pissed myself off after a while.

Update: Checking out the website, they even have songsheets you can print out of your favourite songs (I quote). No songsheet for the "We did it" song. Who needs a songsheet for three words.

No comments: