Sunday, May 15, 2005

Where is my $700?

Interesting developments in Ottawa over the last few weeks. I cannot say I am happy. The country seems to be going into the shithole, to put it bluntly. The House loses confidence in the government, so the government decides it will ignore it. Saner heads prevail and they realize the optics and decide to have a vote over a week later. It seems like we have had a coup. I fully support the opposition halting the operation of parliament, since it no longer has the confidence of the people. They should shut the place down until there is a confidence vote to sort this it. Since the government has no legitimacy, do I have to pay my taxes for this period?

The great Liberal pre-election payout has begun. $22 billion in 3 weeks. I did the math and it adds up to over $700 for every person in the country. Since it is my money, just send me the $700 and keep your stinkin' programs.

The tide must be turning. Even the wife wants her $700.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The polls show that typical Ontario is not draining support from the Fiberals, they are actually ahead of the Conservatives. It is really ironic, that they toss out Mulroney on the hint of corruption but when there is documented testimony of corruption of Fiberals that people create 20 excuses to justify the situation. In the end Mulroney was cleared, so it was all Fibberal scare tactics. This just proves that people are sheep and they deserve a dictatorship.

Anonymous said...

It gets better, Belinda Stronach - another Ontarian, has lept over to the Fiberals. Bankrupting the country is not enough, they are also master of dirty politics....and the PM wants to "raise the tone" in Ottawa...