Tuesday, May 24, 2005

An interesting protest idea

Ian, at Ianism has quite a lengthy post on the illegitmacy of the present government. One might actually call it a rant. Everyone needs to get stuff off their chest.

Even though Ian's point is well taken, a more interesting idea is put forth by MWW in the comments on what should be done to protest the illegal collection and use of our tax money.


...I've gone down the Great Canadian Superstore on our reserve and offered to purchase things for non-natives in line. It felt really good to do that. They liked it too! :) A few have said no thanks and asked me why I was willing to do that. And my response was "Because I'd rather see that money in your pocket than in the pockets of the crooks in Ottawa". That actually convinced them to take up my offer to be a buffer between them and the state.

What a thing it would be if a significant number of people would do this. Get enough people doing this and it would hit this illegal government where it hurt the most, in their pocketbook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait I know a better way to cheat the govnerment of taxes: Let's buy some boats and register them in a foreign country where the naval laws are lax and we won't have to pay taxes to our govenrment for them- oh, wait I forgot, Paul Martin has already done that and cheated our government of taxes for years and gotten rich off it,,,,