Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Plan continues at full speed...

Those of you who may be familiar with this site may be aware of the low-level conflict presently taking place in our house. My Plan to convert the Gf from her backwards, warped, left-wing views to the proper, freedom loving, right way of thinking continues.

I must admit, the Plan suffered a setback during the recent Alberta election. I suspect the Gf reverted to her usual patterns and voted for the 'gasp' NDP.

An excerpt from the latest report:

Operatives have been unable to determine this fact with confidence, as subject is reluctant to discuss her voting with our main operative, even when that operative offers to share his voting information with her.

However, an incident yesterday has given me hope that The Plan may be advancing.

This
article on the front page of the National Post on Feb 1, 2005, details a Vermont company's refusal "to pull a teddy bear wearing a straitjacket from its Valentine's Day lineup despite complaints from the govonor and mental health advocates".

I, of course, think this is just about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Here is what the company says about the bear:

The bear comes with a "Commitment Report" that reads "Can't Eat, Can't Sleep, My Heart's Racing. Diagnosis -- Crazy for You!" A red heart is embroidered on its straitjacket. "She'll go nuts over this Bear!

Does this company say "People with mental health problems are less that human" or something equally offensive? What's the big deal? Shouldn't these "mental health advocates" spend more time advocating and less on some crappy Valentine's Day gift?

I asked the Gf about this. The conversation went something like this:

Gf - This is like what you are always talking about.
Me - So what do you think about this?
Gf - It's dumb. Who cares about the bear. Those people should find something more important to worry about
Me(internal) - Success!

I was so happy I was going to order one of these things for her.

Then I found out they were $70.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Marcel,

I noted your comment over on my blog on the entry concerning Cotler. While my first reaction was "oh he's still alive?", you do make a fair point that whomever your dating, married too etc doesn't necessarily always agree with your politics. However, if your a conservative it is your duty to subvert them, or possibly farm out the task to the spanish inquisition.

I supose I was a touch snide as Cotler and Martin have been engaged in such a web of spin and dishonesty that if it was taken any further they'd be clattering manibles and trapping flies in the process. Furthermore, Cotler is the sort of Liberal who represents everything wrong with Liberalism today. He's a legalistic fad junky who distorts the terms of every debate and tries to turtle behind the supreme court and put words in their mouth when they refuse to comply.

So naturally I have a certain amount of hostility towards the guy.

However, it is good to see another member of the Vast Right Wing Edmonton Blogging Conspiracy back in action - Chris