Friday, February 25, 2005

Out of the Doghouse

I just dropped $5k on our honeymoon/wedding trip to Asia today, with another $5-6k yet to be paid. We are leaving on 20 March and will be back by 17 April. I am thinking about blogging the trip, so there may be blogging on the site while I am away.

It looks like everything is a go, so the Gf should be happy, which means my life will be less miserable.

As soon as the trip was paid for, I called the Gf to let her know the good news. She was happy but then immediately started asking various questions about which flight we were taking, etc. I had no idea I did not really care. I am still trying to come to the realization of how much money I have just spent and she is asking questions about stuff I do not have to worry about for at least 3 weeks, like which airline we are on.

I love the travel people. Just after you have handed over the check and buyers remorse is setting in, they are sure to give you a quick "I am sure you are going to love it".

I am sure I will love it too. But $11k love it?

That is what I am not too sure about.

Eleven thousand dollars so the Gf won't be mad at me. What have a gotten myself into?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The GF says : for the record, it would have been a lot less than 11K if we didn't have to wait to the last minute to arrange everything. See below where a certain fiance lies about having checked to see that his passport was good to go. I nag because I care. Plus I wanted to know the flight details so I could finish submitting my leave request for my job. Yes, that's right, JOB.

AdSense Angel said...

"I nag because I care."

Sweet!