Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Votes in our house

I tried to find out the GF's take on the election and who she would vote for. At first she refused to tell me. She usually doesn't tell me for Canadian elections, but I can't see the harm, since neither of us can vote.

Her reply to this was "I do not want to fight right now".


After assuring her that I was just curious and not looking to start an argument, she said " I cannot make an informed decision, because I have not been following the issues and I am getting all my information about the US election from you, and all you do is read right wing blogs all day."

Ouch.

I guess I should tone it down a bit.

When pressed a little more, she finally told she would probably vote for Nader.

Just to piss me off, I am sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I voted for Bush....but one blog I like, of the NDP persuasion, is www.thier.ca/cbc -- done by a good friend of mine - a Canadian living in America. Maybe that will placate your girlfriend -- if you took a look at blogs on the other side? At least gives you fodder for rebuttal.

http://peasouper.dyndns.org