Monday, March 05, 2012

Resolutions - Day 49 - Week 7

Big change this week. Down to 215, so I lost 4 pounds. Thirteen pounds lost in total since I started.

I was dreading today. I was sure I gained weight this week. I did some cheating and did not work out once. Life got in the way, including the kids school, dentist appointments, etc.

I do feel that I have reached a turning point in the diet in the last week or so. I am less interested in eating. It used to be the most enjoyable thing in my life, but with the restrictions on some of my most favourite foods, I am less interested. Even with the cheating, I am eating a lot less of the "bad" calories than before. Stealing a few crackers or candies from your kid is still a lot better than having the licence to gorge yourself on that stuff.

As I mentioned in last weeks post, my next goal is to lose 20 pounds in the next 8 weeks. I want to be down to 200 pounds by week 14. I am already 1/4 of the way there in one week. When I made this mid goal, I thought it would be difficult to achieve it. Although I don't think I can keep up the present pace (4-5 pounds per week) this goal may be reachable.


On a positive note, I took J to her pediatrician, and during the post visit chit-chat, he asked me if I had been working out. This guy is an old school doctor, not some new age metrosexual beta male, prone to puffing up the egos of the parents of his patients to get repeat business. It must be noticeable if he is mentioning it. The Wife has mentioned it as well, but I trust her less, as she is a woman and therefore more likely to be socially positive when not warranted. And I have caught her asking me if I have lost weight when I have not.

I am not satisfied with the Atkins part of my plan. Part of the problem is my version of his book is from 1992 (got it for 50 cents in some bargain bin). I am ordering a new book that may help to sort out my diet. More on that later.

This week will see the start of my weight training part of my exercise plan. In addition to 30 minutes of cardio each weekday, I will add some regular weight training. This should help to continue my weight loss.

A surprisingly good week. I hope I can keep it up.

No comments: