Thursday, September 06, 2007

Another First

Yesterday, Katherine caused her first serious injury to herself.

I was in our living room and she was roaming. She moved into our bedroom and found some metal clothes hangers that were on the floor. Of course, everything goes into her mouth and she used the cut end to open a gash on the inside of her cheek.

I pieced this together after the fact. The first I knew of it was a loud scream and great gobs of blood in her mouth, over her clothes and on the floor.

Nothing too serious, and no trip to the hospital was required, but I have now experienced what it is like to hear a scream of distress from your child and come to find lots of blood from and unknown source.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Haven't seen any posts in a while - hope things are going ok for you all. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.