Thursday, April 21, 2005

Finishing the Trip

Well, we are back. I was unable to put up more posts for the rest of the trip. Part of that was just having the time. It takes me about 30 minutes to do up a short post, and 1 hour for a medium one. This can be alot of time on a vacation.

However, the main reason was cost. The first few posts were posted on Phuket, Thailand, where I found the cheapest internet access, at 1 Baht per minute. About 40 Bhat equals 1 US dollar, so this is a good price. In Singapore, our hotel charged $6 Singapore dollars for the first 20 minutes. This is about $3.75 US and is on that crappy TV access with crappy wireless keyboards. The ship was a bit better, but they charge $1 S for 3 minutes. That is ten bucks even for a short post like this one. And the access is by satellite, which was not very smooth.

Therefore, I decided to wait until I was home to post the rest. I have not heard any complaints, and since you are getting this for free, I do not expect to get any.

Anyway, the rest of the trip will be posted over the next week or so, a few posts each day.

I have renamed the first few posts with the title "Asia Honeymoon" and a number. This will quickly identify which posts are on the honeymoon and ensure they are in chronoligical order.

Enjoy.

No comments: