Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

I am 43 today. I don't feel that old. 

I feel like I am still 28. I guess that is my residual self image. When I see people in their 20's I don't think of myself as 20 years older or as being twice their age.

That is, of course, until reality decides to remind me. 

When I get up in the morning and my back and joints are stiff. When I bend my knees and they make that cracking sound. When I work out and things don't flex as far as they used to. 

Our bodies remind us of the truth that our minds have not yet accepted. 

Will it always be like this? Will I be 70 years old and still see myself as 28? Will I look in the mirror and wonder who is the person looking back at me and when did he get so old? Or at 70, will I see myself as I was at 40?


No comments: