Saturday, September 02, 2006

Climb Aboard Space Mountain

The last few days have been a bit of a roller coaster ride.

On Thursday, Jocelyn was transferred back to be with her sister and mom, and she appeared to be doing better. Unfortunately, during the night she had a number of seizures, requiring drugs to stop her from shaking and eventually necessitating her transfer back to the Royal Alex. This increases the risk that she may have some sort of brain damage.

Needless to say, I am a bit concerned. I am not sure what is going on long term, but I plan to discuss it with the docs. Her regular doc is not on this weekend, so I may have to wait until Tuesday to get some real answers.

On a more positive note, mom and Katherine should be coming home today. They are both doing really well and I should be happy about that. However, I cannot help but think of my other daughter, stuck in the hospital, attached to a bunch of tubes.

I am not very religious, but I have been praying.


Babbling Brooks said...

Jeez. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well, MB.

Spitfire said...

I'm thinking of your family as well! :-(

Tanya said...

I hope things are improving for you. Thinking of you and sending good wishes.

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog, but I wanted to wish you and your family well. My thoughts and prayers are with your little Jocelyn.

All the best,