Monday, October 22, 2012

Date Night

Saturday the Wife and I had date night. We try to go out once a month, get away from the kids and have an adult conversation.

We were planning to see the movie Fun Size, as the Wife had won some advanced screening passes, but there was a mix up on the time so we missed it. It would have been interesting to see a movie before it is released, but I probably would not have enjoyed it as much as what we did see.

Instead, we went to the West Edmonton Mall and saw the movie Looper. It is a typical action drama with a bit of time travel. Both of us enjoyed it. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys these types of movies and it was a good date night movie, as it was light on the time travel confusion, and more focused on the action/story. Any fans of time travel will note the flaws, and I found it funny that the director seemed to not want you to think about the flaws too much, as he has Bruce Willis say to Levitt when he asks about the paradox of time travel, "Don't worry about it, it's not important."

Before the movie, we had dinner at the Delux Burger Bar in the Mall. I was disappointed. This restaurant is focused on burgers, and while my burger was more fancy than one you would get at Five Guys, the quality was not there. My burger was dry and not juicy. If you are going to be a burger restaurant, you should get the meat right. The place was busy, but not so much that I thought the quality of the meal should suffer. Even the bacon on my burger was burnt on the ends, and I mean black burnt. 

Five Guys was much, much better.

No comments: