Monday, January 23, 2012

Resolutions - Day 7 - Week 1

This is day seven of my weight loss and one week into my two week induction period for Atkins.

My weight is now 223 pounds, so a five pound loss in one week, which is not bad. Not as good as last time, but my weight was a bit higher.

The first few days were a bit tough, as my body adjusted to a reduced carb intake. During this time, I felt, not sick, but definately out of balance. Something similar happened last time, so I was prepared. The combination of no carbs plus greatly increased protein made me feel "off". Also, I don't usually eat much fat and because Atkins doesn't concern itself with how much fat you take in, I didn't bother to use a paper towel to get the excess fat off my bacon or drain the fat from the frying pan before cooking my eggs. That was a mistake. I must have increased my fat intake by at least 500% in just one breakfast.


Things seem to be on the right track. This week I will start on the exercise portion of the plan.

No comments: