Thursday, November 24, 2011

Does K have Asperger's?

I recently learned a bit about Aspergers Syndrome partially through this humorous video filmed as a promo spot for a fictitious new TV show on the CW called "Asperger's High". 


My new interest was caused by reading this post about what it is like to have sex with someone who has Asperger's. She has had several startups and writes about her life on her blog (and she has Asperger's).


One of the aspects of Asperger's is abnormalities of social interaction. If you watch the video linked about Asperger's High, you will see exactly what life with K is like. Sometimes I feel like I am living in Asperger's High and I am the only non Asperger's person. K will come up to me all the time and tell me something completely unrelated to anything that is going on. And then she will start streaming her thoughts, as if she has to say everything she is thinking. It's like a fire hose of consciousness. Sometimes, when I am tired, I find it difficult to take.


Even though K perfectly displays this aspect of Asperger's she shows none of the other aspects.


I think she is just being five.

No comments: