Friday, December 07, 2007

Annoying Telemarketers

We recently got high speed internet access. Before, I would spend much of the day connected to the net at dial up speeds, browsing blog, read news, etc.

Now the phone is free. This is a good thing, as now I don’t mess calls about Jocelyn’s medical appointments.

However, the down side is now I am rushing to answer the phone and am getting all the telemarketers.

Citibank is the worst. We don’t have any business with them at all, which I suppose is why they are so insistent. They got the wife’s name somehow and they call at least once a week. Of course, she is never here when they call, so they always say they will call back. I few times I pretended to be her, just to see what they want (They don’t even have her first name, just an initial, so you know they are selling something). They just want us to use their credit card with the “new, low introductory rate offer”. How stupid do they think we are? Nine percent for the first few months then up to 18.75% and a yearly fee. Some deal.

Once, I thought I would test them a bit (Sometimes its nice to talk to an adult) I said I was interested but my present credit card has no fee, and I want a lower average rate, what can you do for me? The silence on the other end was deafening. They actually hung up on me.

Of course, that gets tiring real quick. So after only a few days of answering the phone where 90% of the time it is Citibank, I have had enough.

The next time they call I am going to threaten them by saying I will blow an airhorn in the phone if they do not stop calling. A Man’s home is supposed to be his castle and time is precious. I shouldn’t have to spend a portion of that fighting off salespeople.

Oh, and don’t talk to me about do not call lists. I should not have to call someone to tell them to stop calling me. I should be able to tell them when they call not to call anymore.

Why would I ever want to be their customer if they do not respect my wishes not to call me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again!