Saturday, September 10, 2005

Jamaica – 14 Aug 2005 - GO!

Tomorrow the course starts. I spent the entire weekend, Saturday and Sunday, working. There was not much to do, be we had to ensure a bunch of small things were finished and any last minute problems were sorted out.

The party at the British High Commission was pretty good. We got to take a JDF helicopter from Newcastle Hill to Up Park Camp, the base in Kingston. A 1 hour drive on dangerous roads converts to a 6 minute helicopter ride. The pilot was showing off a bit, pulling a steep bank into his landing. My stomach was in my throat, but it was fun.

Tonight we had a Meet and Greet with the students. I monopolized three of them for a bit telling them my views on government, why it is corrupt, etc. Once again, a staff member came to interrupt me and save them. This same guy did the same thing last week when I was boring a Colonel. He seems to sense when I am running off at the mouth. I now know anytime he shows up it is my cue to leave.


I have to watch my tendency to monopolize conversations.

No comments: