Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Weight Loss Goals

The following is a timeline of my weight loss goals:

Stats: Age - 42, Height 6 ft, Starting Weight 228 pounds


220 pounds by Week 6 - Initial Goal (6 weeks to go from my starting weight)
200 pounds by Week 14 - Mid Goal (8 weeks to lose 20 pounds)
180 pounds by Week 22 - Ultimate Goal (8 weeks to lose 20 pounds)


This plan includes an Atkins type of diet and regular exercise (at least 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week and some weight training). 

The first goal was made to be a bit easy, to allow me to have the feeling of success and to ensure my goals were realistic. The second goal might be a bit ambitious. If I am able to meet the second goal, it will be the first time in at least 10 years (probably closer to 15 years) I will have been below 200 pounds. Anything after 200 pounds is gravy. I would be happy to be sitting at 185 at the end of this.

So far, my plan seems to be reasonable. I think I have set myself up for success.

No comments: